- Gas Engines (Briggs & Stratton, Honda)
- Wireless Remote and Manual, Individually Controlled, Hydraulic Powered Ballast Distribution Chutes (4)
- Chute Control via Wireless Hand Held Remote Control (1 remote control can operate up to 2 cars)
- Self Contained Air System
- Air Brakes with Emergency Stop (Remote & Manual Controlled)
- Interior Lifting Eyes and Exterior Fork Lifting Access
- Pintle Hook or Pinned Tongue Towing Connections
- Bi-directional Travel Alarms
- Lower Fill Height – Car Can Be Loaded With a Backhoe
- Diesel Engine (Lombardini)
- Engine Area Vandal Guards
- Electronic Area Vandal Guards
- Insulated Wheels
- Side Doors for Shoulder Ballast Distribution
- Third Rail Accessible (custom built to job specific profile)
- Tow Bars – Specify Length and Connection Style
- Total Height: 7’ 6-1/2” from Top of Rail
- Total Length: 11’ 3-3/8” Outer Edge of Baffles
- Total Width: 8’ 6”
- Wheel Base: 4’ 8-1/2”
- Total Light Weight: 8,360#
- Gross Weight: 47,000#
- Total Struck Volume: 12.50 Cubic Yards
- Total Volume Heaped: 14.50 Cubic Yards
The 13TRX Ballast Car is a versatile tool for dumping ballast in a more controlled or precise manner. Whether filling a newly constructed turnout or sprinkling stone on the track after the final pass of a production tamper, the 13TRX gets the job done quickly and efficiently. When coupled with the right machine (Gradall or CAT M318), the 13TRX can be used for ballast reclamation and re-distribution.
The 13TRX is not self propelled, but it can be move about the jobsite by numerous Maintenance of Way pieces of equipment (via a tow bar), such as a Ballast Regulator, Double Broom, or Chase Tamper, or hi-rail equipped machines such as Pettibones, Rubber Tired Excavators and Gradalls.
Ballast distribution is accomplished via four lower chutes. Two dump inside the track gauge while the other two dump outside the track gauge to the edge of a standard cross tie. Optional side doors enable the operator to dump stone for shoulder build up. All doors are opened and closed via hydraulic cylinders and are individually controlled via the remote control or unit mounted control panel. An operator can fill each crib to top of rail and close off the chutes before moving to the next crib, minimizing excessive ballast distribution. The remote control supplied with each car can operate two ballast cars. A toggle switch indicating Car 1 or Car 2 needs is positioned to the desired car you want to control. Once the first car’s load is emptied you then switch to the other car (if you are running them in tandem) and deliver the next load of ballast where desired.
Our 13TRX’s self contained air system features two failsafe emergency stop contact points. One is located on the hand held, multi-function remote control and the other is mounted on the main control box. We incorporate a four wheel air braking system to maximize the unit’s stopping power.
The 13TRX utilizes Briggs & Stratton or Honda gas powered engines as our standard power source for our hydraulic and electrical needs. Industry proven durability and reliability have made these our two brands of choice.
Special job requirements can be met by the professionals at Quality track Equipment. Do you need the car set-up for Narrow Gauge or Wide Gauge track? Do you have special clearance requirements due to Third Rail? Are you working inside tunnels and need diesel powered units? We can build a Ballast Car to suite your specific needs.
Manufactured and built with pride in the United States of America.
For more information or pricing, call Paul or Steve at 440-997-8709